National Library Workers Day and National Library Week! A day where we say thank you to all of the contributions they have made throughout the year for UNCG students, faculty, staff, and the community and present the 2021 Award Winners.
Each year, faculty and staff are honored in different categories, such as advancing strategic initiatives for equity, diversity, and inclusion; providing excellent service to patrons; going above and beyond the mission of the University Libraries; making excellent contributions to teaching and instruction; and publishing an impressive research project.
- Acquisitions Specialist Technician Anne Owens received the Staff Excellence Award.
- Interlibrary Loan Lender Chanda Jackson was honored with the Staff Equity-Diversity-Inclusion Award.
- Processing Archivist Patrick Dollar was acknowledged with the Martha Ransley Staff Service Award.
- Diversity Resident Librarian Deborah Yun Caldwell was presented with the Faculty Equity-Diversity-Inclusion Award.
- Information Literacy Coordinator and Associate Professor Jenny Dale won the Faculty Teaching Award.
- Visual Art and Humanities Librarian and Assistant Professor Maggie Murphy was awarded the Faculty Research Award.